Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Walking Goals


Ahh, my goals. I have many walking goals but have not met or worked towards any of them the last couple of weeks. Oh, I have my excuses. It's been raining (very poor excuse, as I watch people bicycling in the rain). Our house/kitchen is being remodeled (semi-reasonable excuse, I have been busy with household duties and running here and there getting this and that to complete a project). Regardless, I haven't been walking as much as I would like.
What are my goals? I have three.
1. To walk 10,000 steps, six days a week. I round this up to a four mile walk each day. Usually I easily achieve this goal. Walk my Son to and from school equals two miles and a walk around Buffalo Park for two more miles completes the four miles.
2. To condition myself so that I can go on longer, more difficult hikes. My specific goal is to walk in and out of the Grand Canyon in one day. I know of many people who do this regularly. Not me. I swore I would never do that hike in one day. I have hiked in to Phantom Ranch and spent the night and then hiked out. I thought that was just fine. I don't know what changed, all I know is that I want to take advantage of my healthy legs and lungs while I can. I have a lot of hills to climb before I will feel good about trying that hike.
3. To depend less and less on my car. I will need to challenge myself to accomplish this goal and will talk about this more later.
Share your walking goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment