Thursday, January 28, 2010

Skywatch! After the storm!


Check out all of the cool sites listed on Skywatch Friday, from around the world!




Aaaaah, clear skies after the storm...
These are views of the San Francisco Peaks on the day after our big storm ended.


Record snow here in Flagstaff, Arizona. 54.2 inches over five days! that's the second highest total, the record is over 80 inches over one week period- I don't even want to think about that.
My Mom use to tell me about the snows they would get in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, how sidewalks became tunnels. I always wondered how that would feel and now I, kind of, have an idea.
I have been snowshoeing down to get my son from school and that has been fun. A lot of people are skiing in the woods so tracks criss-cross the path we take. I haven't noticed a lot of other animal tracks, tho. I wonder how the other animals are doing with this snow.

my street during the storm












our house during the storm









help from neighbors!









the day after the storm, ponderosa pine trees

18 comments:

  1. The pink blush on the first image is so surreal,a nd the snowy ones so cool and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pair of shots. One actually kind of romantic and the second cool and stark. Both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Great captures.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both photos but I'd rather have the nicer weather than snow. It was snowing here a little bit today. But, I live in PA so we have snow a good bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, the pink reflections in first shot is absolutely breathtaking! All of your captures are terrific and it does look COLD!!! And that is a lot of snow!! Hope you have a great weekend, stay warm!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink shade of the mountains in the first photo. And the 2nd photo of the snow is awesome too. Nice SkyWatch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you got a lot of snow fast. Yet you mention mostly the good parts of it. Youvé taken sime stunning photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love a big snowstorm! In New Jersey we get flutters. Fun to read about your mom's story of sidewalk tunnels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy CRAP that's a lot of snow! You've got us beat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set of skywatch photos. The first mountain shots is beautiful. I do not think I would like 54 inches of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing these great storytelling photographs, and so lovely also. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 80 inches of snow in one week? Dear GOD in Heaven! We're forecast for 5-10 inches tonight & tomorrow & we're all freaking about that - I couldn't imagine 80 inches! God help us all! heheheee

    Happy SWF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful piccies and holy crap that's a ton of snow! We had 26 in 09 and I thought that was bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. goodness, that's a lot of snow you got there..scary! I love the pinkish photo and the 2nd one with the mountain as the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, just lovely pink mountain image.
    Joyce, IL, USA

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's quite storm you've had - the gorgeous pink snowy mountains look so tranquil, and then when you show it on a human scale we realise quite how severe it must have been. And we thought we had a lot of snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tons of snow! I used to live in Flagstaff and I remember some serious snow, but wow! I heard Bookman's roof caved in from it all, that's crazy!
    Great series of photos! The SF peaks look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a lovely day out there... Awesome skywatch photos!!!

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete