Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snowshoes!

This winter I made the untimely statement,"I am done with snow." That was before our "big" storm that brought us about four feet of snow. That was before the Arizona Daily Sun reported that we have had 118 inches of snow for the season, well above our thirty year average. Sigh. I know we need the moisture. I know we will relish in the green of spring and summer this year, rather than the dust-kicking browns.
I have tried to get over this attitude. I have been snowshoeing and it's been fun. Still, I am clinging to something a friend said her aunt would always say, something like, "if it's winter, then spring is just around the corner."
By the way: One of my favorite web sites, Botany Photo of the Day, is doing a series on plants and sports. For February 24 they have an entry on the trees used to make snowshoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment