Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Making your mark

I have been a little preoccupied with this NaNoWriMo challenge- it has kind of tired me out. I have been making a lot of mud pies, and they are not pretty nor do they look much like mud pies, but it's fun.
It's dry here in Flagstaff. We have gone past the "oh, wow, what terrific weather" to "when the heck is it going to snow?" stage. We need it desperately.
I took my usual walk yesterday and noticed tracks in the loose soil. The tracks were very clear. You might not be able to tell but in one photo I could see the creases from the foot pad of the animal. I believe the clawed animals were skunks and they followed the trail for at least half a mile before they veered off towards a house. Hmmm.
This is a collection of tracks: bike, foot, skunk, dog.


This is the skunk (?) track where you can see the crease in the paw.

All together now, for comparison. I am not good at reading tracks so I have no idea if there were two or more of these critters. Looked like more than one tho.

Deer crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment