Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Good News


Good news, just in. Walking has improved my health.

I think I have mentioned that walking makes me feel better, that my day feels a little lost without starting it off with a walk. I also have felt some other “unquantifiables.” I feel I have more energy and can do more through the day. I find it much easier to complete physical tasks. My attitude is much better and I feel happier. But until my doctor’s appointment I had nothing tangible to point to- I haven’t lost any weight, at all. But something else changed.
When the nurse, at the appointment, first took my blood pressure I had to ask her to take it again. It was too low! 100/65
My blood pressure is usually in the 120/80 range and sometimes is higher. My family has a history of high blood pressure so it’s something I watch for. So I thought of a ton of stressful stuff and she took it again: 110/70. I haven’t had a reading like that since my 20s.
I realize it’s one reading, but I am hopeful it’s a sign that I am moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment