Thursday, December 23, 2010

This and That- Gifts of Hope

One of my favorite journalists/bloggers is Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times. He travels around the world and highlights what is going wrong but then takes it one step further and addresses what can be done about it and who is doing the tough work. Every year he has a contest to bring along an aspiring student journalist. I always wonder if he would notice on my application that a. I am a little older than his other applicants and b. that I am a student, but not of any particular university :)
Anyway, last Sunday he had an alternative gift giving list that I thought I would pass along to you, in case you were looking to buy some last minute gifts and had no idea what to give. These of course would be donations to organizations that make a big difference, but they are not the usual ones you hear about. Here is the link to his article: The Gifts of Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment