Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday's Walker- Kevin Schindler

A tour at Lowell Observatory
Kevin Schindler was my boss at Lowell Observatory and now count him as my friend. He is very busy with life and work, but I enjoy catching up with him now and then.

What do you do? I work in the education program at Lowell Observatory, where we welcome 80,000 + visitors per year for activities such as educational programs, tours, and telescope viewing.

What keeps you busy? When not working I serve on a couple local boards and also write articles, especially on the topics of baseball and paleontology, for an online magazine.

What is your passion? Life!

I walk because ... I enjoy exploring country lanes, city streets, mountain tops, forest trails, cultural and historic venues, and anywhere that water is. Walking allows me to do all of this, while gaining the added benefit of exercise.

What do you do when you walk? Usually I like to observe my surroundings and simply enjoy being outside. Sometimes I focus on the exercise aspect and in this case, walk much more aggressively.

What do you like about walking? Opportunity to experience my surroundings, tranquility, exercise.

Describe a walk where you found something special or something that made you happy or something surprising? I was walking in the woods a couple years ago and found deer antlers, which inspired me to imagine the chain of events that led to the antlers being dropped in that particular place.

What is your favorite walk? I don’t necessarily have a favorite, but in general most enjoy walks in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment