Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dear Feet

Dear Feet,
Thank you for being there for me all of these years. I understand that now you are having a little bit of difficulty.

I know that sitting on the couch in warm socks and comfy slippers is just about paradise for you. But how about walking on silky, warm sand or flipping about in cool, refreshing water? Don’t those things feel good too? The thing is I need you to help me get to those places and right now I am not sure you are up for it.

So to help us, I talked with a physical therapist. She recommended the following:
• Daily massages.
• Regular exercises.
• Light walks, working up to longer walks.

I know you are especially into the massages, especially with the nice lotion. Okay, we will keep those going. And I will also try not to take you for granted so much anymore. You carry a heavy load and deserve a lot of care. You never know how much you depend on something until you can't use it.



So thanks for sticking with me feet. We will work through this. I think you are feeling better already.

Take care,

The rest of me

P.S. Right, the PT also recommended an occasional warm foot bath- got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment