Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday's Walker- Drucie

View from Dog Mtn.
Drucie is my energetic and funny sister-in-law. While my family doesn't always make it to big family get-togethers, when we do we often play a game that Drucie or my sister brought along. It makes for a lot of fun.

What do you do?
-Living the retired life
What keeps you busy?
-Trying to keep up with what life sends me.
What is your passion?
- At the moment, figuring a way to live closer to my sons, so I can spend more time w/them.

Fill in the blank. I walk because ….
-It's good excerise

Hike on Dog Mtn.
What do you do when you walk?
-Pete and I walk our dogs on a little more than a 3 mile long loop in our neighborhood in the A.M. Over the years I've gotten to know and become friends with a lot of our neighbors and dogs. Sometimes on Sundays, we will take a long hike w/ some of these friends up in the hills "Eufaula Heights," close to where we used to live. We refer to this hike as "our church".

What do you like about walking?
-I like how it has made me stronger, in body and mind.

Describe a walk where you found something special or something that made you happy or something surprising ?
-Once on Eufaula Hgts our dogs became tangled up with a porcupine, surprising, but didn't make us happy with that Vet bill!

What is your favorite walk?
-Walking up on Eufaula Hgts. is always fun because we get to watch the dogs having fun running free.

Dog Mtn. sign- 9 miles

Any tips to get people walking?
Get a dog. They are the best motivaters to getting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment