Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday's Walker-Kira

a Sedona hike
I got to know my friend Kira as our boys became friends in grade school. Now that they are in middle school, I miss the times Kira, another friend and I would walk around the playground, after school, while our kids played. We would talk about... just about everything.

What do you do? I'm a mother, teacher, student and an artist.
What keeps you busy? All of the above.
What is your passion? All of the above.

I walk because …. It relaxes me and takes me into a spiritual space.

What do you do when you walk? I just walk. I have no pace. :) I also incorporate walking into my day. I try to walk to work and to any other functions I can.

What do you like about walking? That it helps me release pent up energy and allows me to focus on issues that I want to deal with.

Describe a walk where you found something special or something that made you happy or something surprising .
They all make me happy--in different ways.

What is your favorite walk?
I love to walk in Sedona and on the Peaks. Grand Canyon.

Any tips to get people walking?
Find what works best for you. Walk with friends or alone. Be sure to do it even on the days you don't initially want to. These are the times you need a walk most. :) Also, find a way to keep yourself warm and dry and enjoy walks in the rain and snow. No one else is out, and you get the whole world to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment