Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday's Walker

Their trip to Bryce Canyon

This Wednesday Walker is my brother-in-law, married to my sister, Denise. He is a talented wood worker artist, carpenter and keeps very busy. He writes that he is a sedate retiree, but I can't picture that...

What do you do? Sedate retiree
What keeps you busy? Housework, my family
What is your passion? My family, the outdoors, motorcycle riding

I walk because …. It wakes me out of my customary stupor, it is the only exercise I can do anymore on an everyday basis.

What do you do when you walk? Daydreaming mostly

What do you like about walking? Being outdoors, being aware of my body, and the aforementioned daydreaming.

Describe a walk where you found something special or something that made you
happy or something surprising. This morning I stumbled across 3 power poles down because a 100' fir killed by ivy had come down, the other day it was a coyote.
My most favorite walks are when Denise can enjoy the outdoors, like we did in Zion, and Fort Bragg botanical gardens.

What is your favorite walk? The one I am on.

Any tips to get people walking? There are many benefits to walking besides exercise but for me you feel more alive and can still enjoy your surroundings if you can get your pulse rate going. I watch lots of folks who stroll past our house and wonder why they don't ratchet it up a bit and get more out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment