Friday, October 9, 2009

More Shoes



Earlier I asked about movies/ books that featured long walks/ journeys. One movie that I “kind of” found was More Shoes. I have never seen this movie but it intrigued me. Here is this struggling film-maker who takes to heart advice from a successful filmmaker, Werner Herzog, and makes a solo journey of over 3,000 miles across Europe. OK sure, let’s do that. And let’s film it!
I have tried to find more details on this film but haven’t been able to find much. I hope the filmmaker is doing ok. I think the movie would be interesting to see. Here’s an interview from the Independent. Apparently the movie did win independent movie awards in Atlanta in 2008.

From film.com: “Struggling filmmaker Lee Kazimir reads the words of Werner Herzog, who said that filmmakers should skip film school and instead "make a journey alone, on foot, for a distance of 5,000 kilometers, let's say from Madrid to Kiev." Kazimir decides to take this advice literally, walking for six months and through seven countries while documenting the journey with a videocamera. Along the way, he confronts physical struggles and meets a varied cast of characters. He also learns some essential lessons, realizing that life comes before art.”

No comments:

Post a Comment