Thursday, October 22, 2009

Walking SAD Away


It's that time of the year again when temperatures get cooler/ colder and the bed feels even more comfy. Time to take it easy and snuggle up with a hot cup of tea, some cookies and a good movie. Right?
Wrong. I am affected by the change of season. I think if I lived in a colder place with less sunlight I could become deeply affected by S.A.D.- Seasonal Affective Disorder. Fortunately, while I live in a cold place, Flagstaff is sunny and warm weather(Phoenix)is only two hours away. That really helps me through the deepest part of winter. But I still get a little down over the winter. I recently read a blog, Fresh Living, on how to prevent S.A.D. I will let you read the whole post yourself but the first item on their list is "Exercise more frequently and vigorously."
Why, to me, that sounds like a challenge. Now is the time to step up walking distances, find new paths and pick up speed. I think I will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment