Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Walking in Austin

On Sunday, I got back from a trip to Austin, Texas and have been "running" ever since. I attended the National Association of Science Writers annual conference. I met lots of great people and went to some wonderful talks. I didn't get to see as much of Austin as I had planned but I saw a little bit. On Saturday I got to see some of downtown at night and on Sunday I had a little bit more time to get to the airport so I took the long way to the bus stop.
Here's a good restaurant:
Here's a great blue's bar:
Here's the tower and horse statue at Univ of Texas:
Yup, the Lone Star state. This was in front of the Texas State Museum.
The capitol building:
Here's another statue, this time at the state capitol. This is in honor of volunteer firemen. This fireman apparently lost his life to save a child.


A lot of walking potential in this town- many trails that are around town that I didn't get to explore. I guess I will need to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment