Thursday, January 13, 2011

This and that- WhatBird

I don't know what you would call me (a nerd?), but every Thursday I have to really squelch my urge to share with you some random cool thing I found on the computer. Usually it has nothing to do with what this blog is about, so I shake my head and think of something else- but it's not hard! There are so many cool things on the web that are positive and even potentially helpful. So this week I will tell you about WhatBird. I actually found this web page ages ago, before it was famous :) Now it is an iPhone app and appears in commercials, but it still is cool.
You can find a lot of useful bird information on this web page. For instance, if you search on Northern Flicker (upper right hand corner for searches), you will see a photo,drawing and range of the flicker, you can hear a sample call and read about its conservation status. If interested you can click on similar species.
Now I cannot attest to the accuracy of this site- maybe somebody else could let me know of their reputation.
Enjoy learning about birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment