Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Treasure Blogs

One of the big joys of the internet is getting to read blogs from people around the world. I am constantly amazed at what people are writing about out there- and I mean amazed in a good way. I have found so much beauty and compassion in some of these blogs, so much heart, and yet they aren’t going for the book or the tv show or any glory. Some have a large following from around the world and some are just quietly documenting their piece of life. I have sometimes been saddened with the thought that we are really missing placing a history together when we just communicate through email, texts and tweets. But maybe those do count. And some of those blogs are like the long, thoughtful letters of yesteryear.
I bring this up here because of one of the blogs I have in my blogroll, Walking Prescott. This was written by a woman with a sharp eye and sharp wit. She carried her camera with her everywhere and it seemed that she noticed everything. I was never one of her regular followers, but when I did visit I always enjoyed her post. The other day I thought I would catch up on her travels only to find out that she had passed away last spring. I was shocked to feel such a loss for someone I had never met. Her readers from around the world expressed their condolences and her daughter posted a wonderful photo of her mom and dad in their younger years.
You can still see her blog with her fun photos

.

No comments:

Post a Comment