Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday's Walker- Pete Dog Walker

Pete walking dogs
Pete, Dog Walker, is my oldest brother. He enjoys those extreme backpacking adventures up mountains, in the snow (extreme to me anyway). He lives in Washington.

What do you do? What keeps you busy? What is your passion? I'm retired. Walking keeps me busy. Walking in the mountains is my passion.

Fill in the blank. I walk because …. Walking is the best exercise around for humans.

What do you like about walking? I walk all the time. Every day starts with a morning walk with the dogs. In the fall it seems I feel the call and do a major hike with my friends for a week or so.

Describe a walk where you found something special or something that made you happy or something surprising. Whenever I encounter wildlife on a walk I feel something special about it. Like the time we saw the ram in the Grand Canyon.

What is your favorite walk? My favorite walk right now is the walk to Mt. Margaret in the St. Helens Monument area. It gives one the feeling of being in an alpine environment above tree line due to the blow down from the volcanic eruption. Exposed are beautiful vistas, rock formations, and a feeling of openness.

Any tips to get people walking? Buy one of those step counters and see how many steps you take in a day. Try to work up to 10,000.

1 comment:

  1. Owning a dog brings consistency and responsibility into our lives because it is mandatory we walk them or twice a day so he/she can take care of their body functions. This provides our motivation to get up and take them for their walk and to get our walk exercise into our daily schedule.

    Dog Walking Richmond Hill

    ReplyDelete