Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday's Walker- Lisa


I have known Lisa since we both lived in Salt Lake City, Utah. I worked with her husband at Utah's Division of Wildlife Resources and we would sometimes see each other at social events- I always thought, "now there's an interesting couple- I would like to get to know them better." And as luck would have it, mutual friends started organizing annual "girlfriend" get-togethers so I am getting to know Lisa better.

What do you do? What keeps you busy? What is your passion? I work part time as a medical physicist which keeps me busy in itself but because I travel and am away from home while working I try to maximize my time in Boise (at home) when I am here. I do this by working on handmade gifts which include baked goods delivered on my bike, knitted hats for babies, knitted toys for children, tatted snow flakes (tis the season) and whatever else I find interesting. I am passionate about life. Everything in it is important from work to love to family and friends.

Fill in the blank. I walk because... I like the time alone to think and plan.

What do you do when you walk? I think about what i want to accomplish during the day and honestly i tend to run more than walk so I walk very very briskly :)

What do you like about walking? Again insert running which if I don't feel like running I will walk so I think this is still all applicable. I like to feel energized when I am done, I like knowing I am doing something for myself and no one else.

Describe a walk where you found something special or something that made you happy or something surprising. I have seen coyotes, deer and many birds when running up the canyon. I have run into old acquaintances that I haven’t seen in years while running,

What is your favorite walk? I suppose the route from my house up the canyon out of the housing area is my favorite but it is uphill so maybe it isn’t my favorite, until I turn around and go downhill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment