Friday, June 12, 2009

What to do while walking...


Different people do different things while they walk alone. I have a friend who prays while she walks. I found a website that teaches you how to meditate while walking. I have seen many people talk on cell phones.

I use to talk with my Mom, before she passed away. She would laugh, “You are doing what?” She couldn’t get use to the idea of a phone that could go anywhere. My sisters would relate to me that she would tell them, “You know where Cecile was when she called?” I miss talking with my Mom, but I do other things.

I try to figure out problems. I plan my day. And for long walks I listen to NPR on the radio. I at first resisted listening to the radio. After all I would be missing the bird songs and might miss subtle noises. But I enjoy it and I mix it up a bit too. I can always take the headset off to hear the meadowlarks in Buffalo Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment